Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bike Nights

We went to our first "Bike Night" of the year last night (Fri 6/11) over at Bruster's in Glen Burnie. It was just about the perfect evening for a ride, too. I think the temp was in the low 80's and traffic had mostly died down for the evening when we left the house. I'd been messaging Angela H. back & forth, hoping to meet up with her and Clarke so we could ride up together. That worked out well; we met up at the police station over off of Rt. 170 & Rt. 32, then Clarke took the lead a we rolled on up to Glen Burnie and Brusters'. There were probably ~20 bikes there when we arrived, and they even had a DJ playing some "biker friendly" tunes (I was particularly pleased with the selections from .38 Special - and Gary F. would be happy to know that I can still identify Molly Hatchet's "Flirtin' With Disaster" in about a nanosecond!).

As with most of my visits to Glen Burnie, I saw a lot of - well, interesting folks. One obviously pregnant lady had the lowest, most protruding-ist basketball belly I have EVER seen. She wasn't a big gal but garsh that belly was out there! Saw another gal in what looked like a tutu and some sort of make-up around her eyes that looked like small wings. Permanent makeup tatoo, perhaps? Fascinating.

Bayside Believers had a strong showing at Bruster's and I think it was great for the folks to see all of the CMA back patches enjoying a great time of fellowship.

Tonight (Saturday) was to be the very first Bike Night at the Chick-fil-A on Johns Hopkins Rd.. Unfortunately, thunder was rumbling in the distance and weather.com wasn't looking very good with large splotches of green and orange all over. Nevertheless, I was determined to be there since I got the thing organized with the store management. We went ahead and rolled on down the road to Chick and got there before 7 and stayed until 7:30 (enjoying a chicken strip salad whilst waiting) but nobody else showed up. Oh well - maybe next week!

No comments: